Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Which talk has meant to most to you?

Elder Cristofferson's talk was probably my favorite- if you can have a favorite Conf talk. I've listened to it several times now and I marvel at the beauty of what I know Zion will be and all that I cannot comprehend it will be. But, I have a separate post to write about that talk. Jared does too, right?

From a nuts and bolts standpoint, I'm still stuck on Elder Bednar's talk about prayer. It is really a lot more work than I imagined and I don't seem to be making much progress. I guess my prayers are "enough" that I feel like I'm doing what I should/want to be doing; but every once in awhile I glimpse a higher plane and want to be there. It's just a lot of work, and I am unfocused in my pursuit of it. As I listen to my kids pray, they pray like me- sincerely, but not always thoughtfully and almost never in a creative way- as if to create something by their prayers. I want to change that.

No comments: