Saturday, October 4, 2008

Grant my wish

When I was in the MTC, my branch president's wife was Julie Beck, now the in the RS General Presidency. We watched October conference as missionaries together and in a post-conference talk she related how excited she was to get together with her parents and all her brothers and sisters (who all lived locally) to have their "Conference Discussion." She spoke of learning just as much from that discussion as she did from Conference itself, how family ties were strengthened as they discussed, and how their shared faith made it easy to commit to be a little better because of those meetings. I remember wanting to have discussions of my own with my family and friends too- so will you all please move here so my wish can be granted?

If that won't work, how about a virtual discussion? I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on Conference! You can post about a favorite talk if you want (let me know and I will add you), comment...or just read. It's up to you. My goal is to have this conference well- discussed by the time the next one rolls around. Who is with me??

1 comment:

Jared said...

First of all a shout to the church IT folks. The new internet controls are awesome. You can start watching a half hour after the session begins, and then skip the boring parts. Not saying I did, but just saying it could be done.